- Home →
- Li-ion rechargeable batteries →
- Battery for DC auxiliary systems
Lithium-ion battery for back-up DC systems: no more worries about grid stability
Operational direct current system, but specialists most often use the term OOPT. This is a huge area of various modern energy projects.
Operational current providing power to the secondary circuits of the power plant or its substation (circuits of electromagnets for switching off and on switching devices, control devices, automation, signaling, protection and measurement, telemechanics and others).
The operating direct current system (DCS) provides power to the terminals of the automatic relay protection of various systems, automation operating in emergency mode, automated process control systems and control circuits for switching devices, automation and signaling in normal modes, for a certain time, with complete de-energization of the personal needs of the alternating current of the substation.
As a source of constant operating current, the OSS includes rechargeable batteries (AKB). Traditionally, such batteries were lead-acid batteries, but recently experts have begun to use lithium-ion batteries for these purposes.
The use of lithium-ion batteries in DC systems makes it possible to form a compact, and most importantly, safe system that requires minimal maintenance. The use of Li-Ion batteries, instead of lead-acid ones, helps to obtain a modern model of DCS, capable of maintaining a stable mains voltage and high discharge current.
The use of lithium-ion batteries in DC systems guarantees stable electricity even as a result of various failures and power outages of equipment in any production.
Benefits of using lithium-ion batteries for DCSs
The advantages of introducing lithium-ion batteries when creating an OCDS are as follows:
- Service life up to 25 years.
- Safety - the batteries are explosion-proof and fire-proof, the batteries included in them do not contain toxic materials. No explosive gases are generated when the batteries are charged.
- The batteries are sealed and do not emit harmful substances - they do not require maintenance and special premises for placement.
- Smaller dimensions and weight compared to lead-acid batteries - placement in smaller areas with the same capacity.
- Higher current carrying capacity compared to lead-acid batteries - the ability to quickly recover the charge and supply a higher power load.
- Stable voltage of lithium-ion batteries up to 80% discharge - supplying a higher power load with the same capacity.
- Equipment management system (BMS) - the ability to remotely receive data and control the operation of the system.
- The stable voltage and high discharge current allow the use of lithium-ion batteries of a lower capacity than lead-acid batteries for DCSD, which allows for a lower comparative cost of lithium-ion batteries.
Creation of an operational direct current system - it is easier to order from LLC "ADS"
All lithium-ion batteries for OOPTs on our website can be ordered at competitive prices - each model is assembled at the ADS LLC plant in Ukraine from quality materials supplied directly from China. By contacting ADS LLC, you can always view the available battery options and select the appropriate type to create the desired system.